walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Music while you walk

Re: Music while you walk

Postby simon-b » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:26 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:I once set off into the Cairngorms with that droning repetitive Kylie Minogue song repeating endlessly in my head. The one that goes "La-la-la, la-la-la-la-la..." ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

That song is actually called 'Can't get you out of my head' and apparently you couldn't get it out of yours!
simon-b
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:30
Fionas:7   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:155
Wainwrights:214   Islands:4

Postby CharlesT » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:06 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:
Pointless Parasite wrote: I thought Ivor Cutler would be more your thing Caberfeidh.

Can't abide Ivor Cutler. I once set off into the Cairngorms with that droning repetitive Kylie Minogue song repeating endlessly in my head. The one that goes "La-la-la, la-la-la-la-la..." ad infinitum, ad nauseam. Some years later I stood outside her apartment in Sydney, wondering if I could get away with throwing a brick through her window in revenge... :shock:

Maybe Bonesaw is more your thing. :lol:
CharlesT
Mountaineer

Munros:156   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:262
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Postby LaurenAlexandraAgain » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:07 pm

The iPod always comes with me when I'm out walking, but I usually only turn it on when I know I've got a long stretch ahead of me where I'm not going to need to do much navigating. Plus, it's useful when I need helping drowning out my internal monologue, which usually goes something like this: "Are we there yet? My feet hurt. I'm hot/cold. Are we there yet? I'm hungry. Are we there yet?" :lol:
LaurenAlexandraAgain
Mountaineer

Munros:1   
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:22

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion