walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

New Walks

New Walks

Postby nordika23 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:36 pm

This weekend my friends and I tackled, and completed, the Glasgow Commonwealth Walkway. One of my friends has suggested the Clyde Coastal Path.
These are both official long distance walks and I just wondered why they don't feature on here?
Frankly, I don't think there is anywhere better for route descriptions and this is my go to place for suggestions but I am running out of routes that we can do in a day that don't include mountains.
nordika23
Mountaineer

Munros:49   Corbetts:4
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:16

Re: New Walks

Postby jmarkb » Tue May 04, 2021 2:39 pm

nordika23 wrote:These are both official long distance walks and I just wondered why they don't feature on here?

Paul may be along with a definitive response about the content of this site, but I think it depends what you mean by "official" - neither of the ones you mention are on the Scottish Great Trails list https://www.scotlandsgreattrails.com/ which is probably the nearest thing to being "official" (and roughly coincides with the ones described on WH).

nordika23 wrote:I am running out of routes that we can do in a day that don't include mountains.

I you can specify your requirements (e.g. length, location, difficulty) I'm sure that forum members will be able to help you out with suggestions!
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Re: New Walks

Postby Scottk » Tue May 04, 2021 11:27 pm

You could do parts of the west highland way as day walks, Moray coastal path and Deeside way are pretty long but doable in a day. As said above, it all depends how far you can manage and where the walk needs to be. The Fife coastal path and Elie chain walk could also be good for you and the canals between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Maybe just think outside the box and don’t just look for shorter walks-do parts of the long distance ones.
Scottk
Scrambler

Munros:31   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion