walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Strathfarrar four

Re: Strathfarrar four

Postby jmarkb » Mon May 10, 2021 11:49 am

prog99 wrote:Depends on what combo of hills you wish to do. Both groups can be split up or aborted quite easily. I'm sure there are plenty of trip reports here showing the options.

Absolutely - also depends if you are on a bagging mission, or just looking for a nice day out!
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby Outnabout » Mon May 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Sgùrr nan Clach Geala route looks quite appealing and just over an hour away, time to read up on some reports now.
Outnabout
Mountaineer

Munros:45   Corbetts:16
Fionas:18   Donalds:51
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:9   

Postby kenncunn » Mon May 10, 2021 3:15 pm

Did these four a couple of years ago in July. Gate opened at 9 and was only me and another car waiting for access.
Walked these in a clockwise direction leaving car at the finish and using a bike to get to the start. Plenty of time to do the round in the summer months before the gate closes.
kenncunn
Mountaineer

Postby gaffr » Mon May 10, 2021 5:04 pm

When I went to these hills long before the freedom thing. I didn't give a fart about gates opening and closing. I went in one evening, camped high on the first hill and made my way along the tops with the company of a wee fox who kept appearing out of the mist checking me out. Never saw another person all day.
Walked out of the Glen during the afternoon....bus from the end of the road to reach Inverness.
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Postby Outnabout » Mon May 10, 2021 5:39 pm

kenncunn wrote:Did these four a couple of years ago in July. Gate opened at 9 and was only me and another car waiting for access.
Walked these in a clockwise direction leaving car at the finish and using a bike to get to the start. Plenty of time to do the round in the summer months before the gate closes.

Don't have the luxury of using bikes as there will be 4 of us and the dog. I'm gonna leave for another time.
Outnabout
Mountaineer

Munros:45   Corbetts:16
Fionas:18   Donalds:51
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:9   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion