walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

October?

Re: October?

Postby Mirijana » Fri May 14, 2021 3:34 pm

josbrands wrote:Same here, had to cancel twice now.
News plans for the end of august, early september .. . wildcamping this time :D

Dear Josbrands,
Where do you want to go?
Mirijana
Mirijana
Hill Bagger

Postby josbrands » Sat May 15, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi Mirijana,
Not sure yet, but I'm thinking of the Affric Kintail Way or the first part of the Cape Wrath Trail as I have only seven or eight days.
What about your plans?
josbrands
Walker

Postby Mirijana » Sun May 16, 2021 7:00 pm

josbrands wrote:Hi Mirijana,
Not sure yet, but I'm thinking of the Affric Kintail Way or the first part of the Cape Wrath Trail as I have only seven or eight days.
What about your plans?

I'm considering Cape Wrath from Craig and the as far as I can - but am really in doubt about the weather, th wild camping and my skills. The same goes for The Skye Trail.
I want to take a closer look at the Affric Kintail Way. In 2019, I went from Alltbeithe to Morvich. But I know nothing of the first part.
Doubt because ... well, I do not really know why. But off to the fall, I have to.
Mirijana
Hill Bagger

Postby Mirijana » Sun May 16, 2021 7:18 pm

Mirijana wrote:
What about your plans?

I'm considering Cape Wrath from Craig and the as far as I can - but am really in doubt about the weather, th wild camping and my skills. The same goes for The Skye Trail.
I want to take a closer look at the Affric Kintail Way. In 2019, I went from Alltbeithe to Morvich. But I know nothing of the first part.
Doubt because ... well, I do not really know why. But off to the fall, I have to.
Mirijana wrote:
What about your plans?

and p.s.

And I hadn’t thought anything about hunting season at all before my posting. So there I also just got a round of Copenhagen- paranoia :)
Mirijana
Hill Bagger

Postby jacob » Fri May 28, 2021 4:23 pm

I've had to reschedule my March2020, October2020 and March2020 visit. By now I've kind of accepted it might be a long wait still. Hoping for September/October again, but with 10day quarantaines (?) both ways, I'll already have used up more days than I have holidays.
jacob

Munros:19   Corbetts:9
Fionas:4   
Hewitts:19

Postby Scraggygoat » Fri May 28, 2021 4:43 pm

It can be stunning, or it could be very wet and windy. When young and keen I got soaked right through to my ‘smalls’ six weekends in a row one autumn and that was with quality goretex.

But when good it’s absolutely tonic to mind and body.

As a note many campsites will be closing for the season (not that many have opened for tents this year anyway).
Scraggygoat

Postby jacob » Fri May 28, 2021 5:48 pm

jacob wrote:I've had to reschedule my March2020, October2020 and March2020 visit. By now I've kind of accepted it might be a long wait still. Hoping for September/October again, but with 10day quarantaines (?) both ways, I'll already have used up more days than I have holidays.

March2020, Oct.2020 and March 2021 I meant ofcourse, as you already understood.
jacob

Munros:19   Corbetts:9
Fionas:4   
Hewitts:19

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion