walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

glas alt mor

glas alt mor

Postby just beginning! » Thu May 13, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi folks. I'm hoping to do Beinn a'Chaorainn and Beinn Bhreac tomorrow, following the walkhighlands route. I've read that the glas alt mor can be impassable at times.Can I ask the options for getting across ? Cheers
just beginning!
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:2

Re: glas alt mor

Postby jmarkb » Thu May 13, 2021 4:43 pm

I would suggest doing the route in reverse - if the stream crossing is a problem, the head up onto the plateau on the south side of the burn. Might be a bit rough and heathery. Probably won't be an issue though - it's high enough up that the water level will fall quickly after rain, and there are only small amounts forecast between now and tomorrow.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Re: glas alt mor

Postby just beginning! » Thu May 13, 2021 6:18 pm

jmarkb wrote:I would suggest doing the route in reverse - if the stream crossing is a problem, the head up onto the plateau on the south side of the burn. Might be a bit rough and heathery. Probably won't be an issue though - it's high enough up that the water level will fall quickly after rain, and there are only small amounts forecast between now and tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice
just beginning!
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:2

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion