walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Glen Etive access

Glen Etive access

Postby iain_atkinson_1986 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:03 pm

Hi folks,

Was down Glen Etive last Monday to do Beinn Trilleachan but there was a Road Closed Local Access Only sign at Dalness and it looked like a fair amount of work had been going on, I'm guessing for the hydro works they're meant to be doing. I ended up turning back and doing a hill down Glen Orchy instead.

Is there a reliable source for updates on this? I've checked Highland Council's site and the road closures were meant to expire on 7 May. Also, anybody's experience of getting parked at Loch Etive recently would be good to know.
iain_atkinson_1986
Munro compleatist

Munros:83   Corbetts:216
Fionas:21   Donalds:16+9
Sub 2000:4   

Re: Glen Etive access

Postby gammy leg walker » Mon May 24, 2021 7:23 pm

iain_atkinson_1986 wrote:Hi folks,

Was down Glen Etive last Monday to do Beinn Trilleachan but there was a Road Closed Local Access Only sign at Dalness and it looked like a fair amount of work had been going on, I'm guessing for the hydro works they're meant to be doing. I ended up turning back and doing a hill down Glen Orchy instead.

I had the same issue 2 weeks ago, contractors stopping any progress, it’s not only a nuisance for anyone trying to access the Ben Starav group and such like, it’s nobody can see what these contractors are getting up to

Is there a reliable source for updates on this? I've checked Highland Council's site and the road closures were meant to expire on 7 May. Also, anybody's experience of getting parked at Loch Etive recently would be good to know.
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Stevekerr188 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:11 pm

I was there last week on the Thursday, you can actually drive all the way down the Glen. I was at the road end on the camping area.
Stevekerr188
Backpacker

Munros:282   Corbetts:52
Fionas:23   Donalds:89+52
Hewitts:138
Wainwrights:214   Islands:16

Postby iain_atkinson_1986 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:39 am

Thinking of braving Glen Etive again midweek this week. Anybody been down there recently that can comment what the lay of the land is in terms of road closures, parking restrictions etc?
iain_atkinson_1986
Munro compleatist

Munros:83   Corbetts:216
Fionas:21   Donalds:16+9
Sub 2000:4   

Postby jayedubya73 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:12 am

Hi

I was down there on 27/28 September for a couple of days tackling the Starav hills. I only went as far as the usual parking spot for Starav, but I didn't have any access issues on the road on the way down.

John
jayedubya73
Hill Bagger

Munros:233   Corbetts:6
Fionas:5   Donalds:12+6
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion