walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Is it possible to walk from Achlean to Loch Einich?

Re: Is it possible to walk from Achlean to Loch Einich?

Postby BigTed » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:55 pm

On Monday my son and partner walked from Whitewell un Glen Einich then up onto the plateaux and down to Achlean in Glen Feshie. A great walk. I suggested they do it that direction as navigating down into Glen Feshie in poor viz is far easier than down into Glen Einich.

They had a great day. Helped by dad dropping them at one end and picking them up at the other after a shorter walk wih the dogs.

Having crossed the plateaux there myself in different directions I would recommend it. There is a real feeling of remoteness and unlike on the Munros at the edges the middle of the plateaux is not busy. I suggested going up onto the plateaux via Coire Dondail rather than the more direct route to give more time on the top.
BigTed
Mountain Walker

Postby davidlynch62 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:03 pm

We have biked in from Whitewell NH 91385 08245. It is a moderate ride, but there is one uphill pull at the junction at
NH 92835 06520, though there is a riverside path, albeit a wee bit overgrown.
There is also a need to cross a few burns, which in summer and low rainfall would be fine, but as always, make a note of potential rain once you have crossed.
We are heading up again soon, but will camp at the loch and then climb Sgor Gaoith via Ross's Path up the Allt Fuaran Diotach, but that is not a day walk.
As above, take all precautions, we walked up Lurchers Crag last week, stunning weather, no one else until we left the main path, but needed a fair amount of factor 50!! Maybe it's because you are closer to the sun, but it always seems hotter on a mountain when the sky is blue ;)
davidlynch62
Bird-watcher

Postby AJ01 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:15 am

davidlynch62 wrote:...
As above, take all precautions, we walked up Lurchers Crag last week, stunning weather, no one else until we left the main path, but needed a fair amount of factor 50!! Maybe it's because you are closer to the sun, but it always seems hotter on a mountain when the sky is blue ;)

The UV levels could be higher because the atmosphere will be slightly more translucent higher up in the mountains, with fewer dust particles and water molecules to scatter the sunlight.
AJ01

Munros:221   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion