walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Ticks

Re: Ticks

Postby WalkWithWallace » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:12 am

Some people seem to be really lucky and just don't attract them, others are magnets.

I got one tick bite during a whole round of Munros over 6 years, and that was on Guilvan. Picked up a few ticks since doing the Corbetts & Grahams.

Didn't get one on the CWT earlier this year, I reckon wearing running rights with ankle gaiters helped no end.
WalkWithWallace
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   Corbetts:192
Fionas:57   Donalds:36+0
Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:29   Islands:25
Walk wish-list

Postby Giant Stoneater » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:51 am

The Farming programme on the tv at start of the week they were talking to a farmer and he said it is the worst year for ticks in 10 years.
Giant Stoneater
Scrambler

Postby jupe1407 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:06 am

WalkWithWallace wrote:Some people seem to be really lucky and just don't attract them, others are magnets.

I got one tick bite during a whole round of Munros over 6 years, and that was on Guilvan. Picked up a few ticks since doing the Corbetts & Grahams.

Didn't get one on the CWT earlier this year, I reckon wearing running rights with ankle gaiters helped no end.

I generally wear running tights with shorts all year round, except in hot weather. My last 3 walks have been bare-legged over the last 10 days, but I've managed to brush off any ticks before they've become attached. I've probably been quite fortunate as each featured loads of pathless terrain, long grass, ferns and heather.
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

Munros:269   Corbetts:52
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:6

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion