walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Parking at Invervar

Parking at Invervar

Postby Gkilgour » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:50 pm

A month ago my son was telling me that he had cycled past cars at Invervar parked on the verge with someone putting tickets on them. Yesterday, I parked in the car park quite early, though I was the 5th car out of 7. I then walked the four hills and was amazed that 5 cars (parked very sensibly on the verge) had been given tickets on my return. A few points - this is a single track road and the cars were all well parked and a ‘single’ car could easily pass - the same for the rest of the road in to this point. The bridge was being worked on from 9 till 3 approx so the road about 100m on was closed, so no traffic could proceed past this point anyway! I assume that a traffic warden is travelling up to the town daily to issue these tickets? Lastly when I returned via the road past Loch Lubnaig there were cars parked on the verge but with two wheels on the road. Traffic had to slow down as there were big vehicles like lorries and buses on it and it was v dangerous - no tickets here! I know technically the Lyon road is a freeway and the Lubnaig one isn’t but where is the common sense? There was absolutely no danger or harm with the walkers parking at Invervar but the opposite on the Callander road, I just suspect some MP or local councillor has a house there!?! Finally, by being fined it will not deter the walker to return, as I would imagine the visit, for most will be a one off to ‘bag’ the four Munros?
Gkilgour
Mountaineer

Munros:119   Corbetts:11
Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:34

Re: Parking at Invervar

Postby Moriarty » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:53 pm

It's a Clearway - Perth and Kinross Council passed Temporary Traffic Restriction Orders (about 18month duration under Covid powers I think) to ban verge parking or stopping on a number of rural Perthshire roads.

Fits hand in glove with the efforts of local landowners to ensure that parking in the area is as difficult as possible.

https://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/21821/Parking-restrictions-on-country-roads

There was already enough of a "Hostile Environment" around Invervar to mean that the Glen Lyon Munros were often a one-off visit for baggers. :roll:
Moriarty

Postby prog99 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:56 pm

prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Postby Gkilgour » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:36 am

prog99 wrote:https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106201
Discussed at great length recently

Thanks for the link - it’s a sad day to see all those fines issued for no reasonable reason!
Gkilgour
Mountaineer

Munros:119   Corbetts:11
Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:34

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion