walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Where to park for Ben Klibreck?

Where to park for Ben Klibreck?

Postby alexhockey » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:22 am

I’ve read that the usual parking space is no longer available due to the wind farm. Where else is best to park?
alexhockey
Mountaineer

Munros:11   Corbetts:8
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:54
Wainwrights:146   

Re: Where to park for Ben Klibreck?

Postby denfinella » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:33 pm

There's another layby half a mile or so up the hill (southwest).
denfinella
Wanderer

Munros:88   Corbetts:40
Fionas:37   Donalds:24
Sub 2000:72   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:6   Islands:46

Re: Where to park for Ben Klibreck?

Postby 1Magnus » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:43 am

I was there a few weeks ago and initially parked in the layby (i.e. a passing place) nearest to the building site at the bottom of the slope. A friendly guy from the building site then came and said he was worried that my car would get damaged by the big lorries going past later that day. He said I'd be better off in a layby nearer the top of that slope. And there is a bigger layby further up the hill - that one can take some 4-5 cars, with the noses facing the road, i.e. at a right angle to the road, so I left the car there. There was only one car and one small tent parked there when I showed up, about 8am in the morning. The car was fine there all day. (And that's a fantastic Munro too. I really enjoyed the long horizontal traverse along the one slope; nice to get a mountain where not all walking is either up or down all the time. Fantastic views on that day too).
1Magnus
Mountain Walker

Munros:150   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion