walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Overnight parking and wild camping in Glencoe

Overnight parking and wild camping in Glencoe

Postby ebristow » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:24 pm

Hi there,

I've only wild camped in Scotland once before so could do with some advise regarding overnight parking and wild camping in Glencoe. I'm certainly not a 'hard core' wild camper so would like to camp relatively close to the car (within a mile walk perhaps) and was wondering if I can simply park overnight at the Kingshouse or Glencoe Mountain Resort even if I'm not using their facilities?

I'm also planning to do this towards the end of August so midges will still be a problem, if I was to park in either of the places mentioned above, is there suitable flat ground somewhere higher up in the hills nearby to camp where I could hopefully avoid them?

Apologies if these are stupid questions, having not been there before, it's quite a distance away to just turn up and wing it.

Many thanks!
ebristow
Rock-climber

Re: Overnight parking and wild camping in Glencoe

Postby davekeiller » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:19 pm

Why not just use the campsite at Glen Coe Mountain Resort?
It seems to me to be taking the proverbial to park at a campsite and then "wild camp" less than a mile away!
davekeiller

Munros:154   Corbetts:31
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion