walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Glenaffric

Glenaffric

Postby weesmudge » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:34 pm

Good evening troops
Having previously attempted to do the group of 3 Càrn Eige and Mam Sodhail and Beinn Fhionnlaidh, I only managed to do Mam Sodhail on the previous outing due to illness long covid.
I'm now looking at doing a shortend down route of the 2 munros still to be done. Has any one walked up the Gleann nam fiadh to the wee lochan loch Uaine then up a steep slope onto the ridge has anyone done it that way and was it OK
TIA
Chris
weesmudge
Munro compleatist

Munros:134   Corbetts:4

Re: Glenaffric

Postby Scraggygoat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:44 pm

The Corrie head wall is steep and looks very uninviting in summer, I’ve contemplated dropping down in summer a couple of times to visit the Loch and decided against both times, it’s occasionally skied in winter. It’s probably doable if adventurous with good visibility to pick a line, but accepting the risk it might not ‘go’ and the Loch looks a great place to visit.

The lower part of the glen the Land Rover track is fine, then consider taking the stalkers path to NH 153 260, and then gaining the ridge above, I’ve seen people come up that way and have been down the line winter but was buried under snow, so can’t tell you how good the stalkers path is underfoot.
Scraggygoat

Postby prog99 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:48 pm

Once you leave the hydro track(NH 19389 25950) the going on the old path is pretty boggy. Not ventured that far west on it but have been on the track that branches off at NH 16224 25996 that then gives access to the ridge so that may be an option?
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Postby Giant Stoneater » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:14 pm

You could also take the path up Coire Leachavie there is not much distance between that and Gleann nam fiadh though it would mean going over Mam Sodhail again, though you could do it as a circular.
Giant Stoneater
Scrambler

Postby Stuart84 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:27 pm

I have considered using the Loch Mullardoch ferry for a lift in and possibly out. Still in the idea stage.
Stuart84
Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:20
Fionas:16   Donalds:5+4
Sub 2000:46   
Islands:10

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion