walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Falls of Glomach

Re: Falls of Glomach

Postby mynthdd2 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:24 pm

I loved the Cape Wrath trail I did back in the day... would that my dodgy knees etc could carry me there again
mynthdd2
Munro compleatist

Islands:34

Re: Falls of Glomach

Postby ahukippax » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:43 pm

I would agree with other comments. I did this section as part of the Scottish National Trail. There is a decent path and although the drops are steep it never feels precarious if you take your time ( the path down to the viewing point is much more exposed ). However, I would add that having done a bit of trekking in the US, the paths there tend to be much clearer and less rough than those you will find in Scotland. Also what footwear will you use ( boots or trail shoes ) ? I opted for trail shoes and found they gave me plenty of grip on the descent and trekking poles are also a great help. If you can, I would do it as the Falls of Glomach are fantastic and in an amazing setting. A real highlight of the trip.
ahukippax
Munro compleatist

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion