walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Glencoe planning issue

Re: Glencoe planning issue

Postby al78 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:40 pm

I seem to recollect the house of Rose and Fred West was demolished on account of the house being unsellable or even uninhabitable based on what went on there. This Glencoe thing sounds like a proposal along similar lines.
al78
Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:9
Donalds:1

Postby Sgurr » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:58 pm

My sentimentality would like to see a mountaineering museum, and maybe a statue of Hamish, but traffic and problems of access would make it entirely impractical. The same goes, unfortunately, for the wee log cabin bar, (or a grassed picnic spot)so maybe just let commerce reign, but it does look a bit grandiose for the site.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby Sunset tripper » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:41 pm

Sgurr wrote:My sentimentality would like to see a mountaineering museum, and maybe a statue of Hamish, but traffic and problems of access would make it entirely impractical. The same goes, unfortunately, for the wee log cabin bar, (or a grassed picnic spot)so maybe just let commerce reign, but it does look a bit grandiose for the site.

Aye, I think your right. I was never that taken with Jimmys white hoose even when he was supposed to be a good guy!

I wasn't keen on the new Kings House to start with, but it wasn't ideal before either. Had good service in there last year and heard some good reports from folk that have done the WHW.

Some landscaping and tree planting could make a difference there.
Sunset tripper

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion