walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Chasing Charlie

Chasing Charlie

Postby Girl Outdoors » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:44 pm

My parents have a book published in the very late 90's called Chasing Charlie by an author called
Richard Scott Henderson. I'm not sure it was ever a big seller but it was a essentially a treasure hunt using clues in the book to find a real hidden case of single malt at a remote location in the highlands. Does anyone know what ever happened to the author? or if he published anything further?
Girl Outdoors
Wanderer

Re: Chasing Charlie

Postby JuliaS » Sun May 08, 2022 5:25 pm

I have vague memory of this. If I remember correctly the "prize" was never found and there was a bit of controversy surrounding it. The author did invite a number of people I believe to a night in a remote bothy near where the prize was said to be located for a bit of a booze up. Cant remember exact details but there was some controversy. I believe the author moved down south some time afterwards.
JuliaS

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion