walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Broad Law from Hearthstane?

Broad Law from Hearthstane?

Postby thegranger » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:55 pm

Hi
I've been eying up the track up to Broad Law summit via Hearthstane. Has anyone done it using that route? I'm tempted to take the bike up, so are there any locked gates that may impede?

Much appreciated
thegranger
Rambler

Munros:139   Corbetts:6
Fionas:4   Donalds:15
Sub 2000:15   

Re: Broad Law from Hearthstane?

Postby thedonalds » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:24 pm

Its been a few years since I went up that way so my knowledge of gates is not current (like my memory!) but using Multimap aerial view you can see there’s what looks like a cattle grid at the upper edge of the wood so it follows that there’s also a gate and fence but whether its open or not?? You could always lift your bike over. If walking the alternative is via the forestry track that crosses Glenheurie Rig around 430m and then ascend to Broad Law via Little Knock & Great Knock - this is a nice route. There’s a bit of path up Little Knock that may be ok on a bike (??); look at https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/509843
thedonalds
Walker

Munros:22   Corbetts:7
Fionas:22   Donalds:87+48
Sub 2000:24   
Islands:26

Re: Broad Law from Hearthstane?

Postby HelenO » Tue May 03, 2022 7:33 pm

I was there today. No issue with locked gates
HelenO
Mountain Walker

Munros:271   Corbetts:145
Fionas:5   Donalds:11
Hewitts:78
Wainwrights:33   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion