walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

places for a camping trip

places for a camping trip

Postby loriwatson1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:23 am

me and my partner are looking to go camping for a couple of days , we headed out to ardnamurchan and loved it.
I'm wondering if any of you can give me recommendations of places similar and not just your usual tourist stops.

Any campsites you recommend/ food stops that take you there! anything will help :)

Thanks
Lori
loriwatson1
Mountain Walker

Munros:52   Corbetts:4
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:1
Islands:5

Re: places for a camping trip

Postby KatTai » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:54 am

I've just had a couple of days away staying at Badrallach campsite near Dundonnell just off the Ullapool road (my trip reports were posted yesterday and the day before), lovely small campsite I did a walk along to Scoraig straight from the campsite no need to move the car. If you don't have dogs there is the Dundonnell Hotel though other resources are scarce so you would need to bring everything you need unless travelling further along the coast or heading into Ullapool.
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:53   
Islands:32

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion