walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Lawers range

Lawers range

Postby Malky100 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:20 pm

Just back from up them hills great early start yesterday 19 June then on to meal Nan tarmachan and the ridge back in nts by 1.30 pm. Travelled over to farmers field to park and put a tenner in Tin and changed to my overnight rucksack .
I headed up meall greigh after going through the trees I was doubting this was doable as the hill came into view my strength was sapped .I met another young guy he was staying up the tops but we parted half way up as I felt I was slowing him down . I never did get his name but you meet some nice like-minded people up the hills.i stopped and rustled up a packet meal and this give me a boost and I got to the top meal greigh after the food boost i set up camp at the base of meal garbh . Bed by 11 and up at 5am I managed meal garbh ,
an stuc and lawers and back down grassy slope loved every minute thanks for all the walk reports a real help ps .an stuc give me a restless night especially with big pack but lean forward and choose the feet and hand holds it's fine and don't look down
Malky100
Walker

Munros:62   Corbetts:1

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion