walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Sgurr na Lapaich, Glen Affric

Re: Sgurr na Lapaich, Glen Affric

Postby Verylatestarter » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:37 pm

Robert

maybe a better categorization would be:-

The good
the bad and
the ugly.

Clearly what is good is in the 'eye of the beholder' so strict definitions should be irrelevant.

my (limited) experience is; try some good ones and knowledge/observation will reveal further great hills to try and sometimes it's better to revisit a good hill than tick off a new dull one.

'Keep on pushing'

John
Verylatestarter
Mountain Walker

Munros:35   Corbetts:11
Fionas:3   
Islands:5

Re: Sgurr na Lapaich, Glen Affric

Postby Robert Haynes » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:06 am

Verylatestarter wrote:Robert

maybe a better categorization would be:-

The good
the bad and
the ugly.

Clearly what is good is in the 'eye of the beholder' so strict definitions should be irrelevant.

my (limited) experience is; try some good ones and knowledge/observation will reveal further great hills to try and sometimes it's better to revisit a good hill than tick off a new dull one.

'Keep on pushing'

John

Quite so, and my actual approach to going walking is based largely on what looks interesting. But I have the kind of mind that wants to make nice orderly lists of chaotic things. It's better than trying to make nature nice and orderly, I suppose.
Robert Haynes
Walker

Munros:7   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion