walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Beinn Deargs alternatives

Beinn Deargs alternatives

Postby NickyRannoch » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:34 pm

I'm trying to take the sting out of these with a couple of wild camps.

I'd like to ommit Eididh Clach nan Geala from the traditional 4 leaving a high camp near Lochan Uaine to pick those three off.

To do this I'd like to add ECnG to Seana Bhràigh with a camp somewhere around Meall a' Choire Glais.

Has anyone linked SB and ECnG and how did you do it? I'm looking at Coire an Lochain Sgeirich but grateful for any advice.

Cheers
NickyRannoch
Mountain Walker

Munros:224   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:9   
Islands:17

Re: Beinn Deargs alternatives

Postby Scraggygoat » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:01 pm

I’ve linked SB with the Deargs via ENCG a couple of times and once with Am Foagach as an extra before the Deargs and do not remember any difficulties. The Stalkers paths marked on the maps are all good.
Scraggygoat

Postby prog99 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:05 pm

Has anyone linked SB and ECnG and how did you do it? I'm looking at Coire an Lochain Sgeirich but grateful for any advice.

Yes, several times. Both times on the way back to Inverael heading south from the abrupt end to the approach track to get to the beach between the 872 & 863 spot heights. Easily done in reverse from Lochan a'chnapaich
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Postby WalkWithWallace » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:43 pm

Yeah, we did Eididh Clach nan Geala with Seana Bhraigh. Basically did ECnG as an out and back on the way to SB. We day tripped it and a wild camp would be my preference if I was to do it again.
WalkWithWallace
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   Corbetts:192
Fionas:57   Donalds:36+0
Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:29   Islands:25
Walk wish-list

Postby Boris_the_Bold » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:51 pm

Start off from Inverlael, drop tents and camping stuff off at Lochan a Chnapaich, climb up over EnCG and out to Seanna Braigh and back, camp by the loch, bag the remaining Munros the next day (leaving the camping stuff by the loch), easy traverse round the bottom of Meall nan Ceaprachain to pick up the tents and have a nice cup of tea before the long plod back to the car at Inverlael - avoids having to carry all your camping stuff to the top of anything big and pointy and makes a cracking two-day trip!.

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72684

Enjoy!

BtB
Boris_the_Bold
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:38
Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:8   Islands:32

Postby Chris Henshall » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:06 pm

Coming in from the Glenbeg bothy in the east is a proper alternative - and, even though carrying a tent would be sensible, you might even get away without having to use it. Go to https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89817.
Chris Henshall
Mountaineer

Munros:253   
Hewitts:157
Wainwrights:214   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion