walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Dogs loch avon

Dogs loch avon

Postby Huckthebear » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:52 pm

Anyone had there dogs down to loch avon been down myself many times but I have 2 spaniels and we are home alone this weekend so fancied taking them for a wee swim , advice on safely navigating the descent with them would be greatly appreciated
Huckthebear

Re: Dogs loch avon

Postby prog99 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:18 pm

Assuming you know one end of a map from the other the path down Coire Raibeirt is well constructed. I’d imagine they would fair better than a lot of humans.
If your spaniels are like the one I know then be wary of the steep ground you descend near the bottom
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Postby Scottk » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:28 pm

You could always go along the Glenmore road and along Strathnethy to the loch. Pretty nice walk and should be too boggy with the dry weather.
Scottk
Scrambler

Munros:31   

Postby prog99 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:32 am

Scottk wrote:You could always go along the Glenmore road and along Strathnethy to the loch. Pretty nice walk and should be too boggy with the dry weather.

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen nice walk and strath nethy mentioned together.
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion