walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Top Man

Re: Top Man

Postby iain_atkinson_1986 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:42 am

gammy leg walker wrote:It’s an incredible achievement no matter if he had previous walking/climbing experience or not, my age of 63 years & 8 months pails into insignificance, I am however chuffed that I will compleat soon
F3A80B96-1631-4A91-B6E5-A3D2BEF197CF.jpeg

Fairly obscure but a good choice for a last Munro!
iain_atkinson_1986
Munro compleatist

Munros:83   Corbetts:216
Fionas:20   Donalds:16+9
Sub 2000:4   

Re: Top Man

Postby KeithS » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:53 pm

Nick is a truly remarkable young man (I know he has lived for 82 yrs but I challenge anyone to describe him as old).

He lives just down the road from me and I called in to see him last week shortly before his compleation. As already pointed out he was certainly no novice. He has climbed and hillwalked extensively. I was interested though that this is actually his first compleation, he had never climbed Cairn Gorm before.

I did invite him to my compleation, the day after his, as he knows An Teallach like the back of his hand, having climbed it about 100 times and many of our local hills dozens of times but he explained he would be too busy partying and speaking with the press. He would definitely have been much quicker up the hill than me (not that that is too hard).

I saw him again the day after my compleation and it was great to compare notes, although my achievements are insignificant compared to his. His enthusiasm for the hills is wonderful.

I asked him what his future plans were. I won't give away any of his secrets but if these come to fruition he will put me, and no doubt most on this site, to shame.
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:9   Islands:47

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion