walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

The West Highland way route

The West Highland way route

Postby The Gedi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi,
A friend and I plan to run & trek the west highland way race route in early October. We will be carrying all our gear as we are camping along the way.
We have struggled to get good info from the poeple that organise the race etc. and wondered if anyone who is familiar with the route could let us know if there are plenty of regular places (20-30km max between each stop) along the way where we can fill (or buy)our water bottles.

If anyone has any other helpful info regarding the route ( or cheap B&Bs in Milngavie) it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
The Gedi
Scrambler

Re: The West Highland way route

Postby zebidee1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:04 am

Will keep an eye on this thread, as my sister has been flirting with the idea of doing doing this next year at some point.

Fancy doing the coast to coast walk, the one that has been serielised on bbc2 recently, I think its an Arthur Wainright walk.

Good luck for this when you do it.
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Postby MacCookie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:30 am

If you have a look at the route description here, you'll find that each of the stages starts and ends in a town or at a hotel.

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/west-highland-way.shtml

In addition, there are hotels or shops in Crianlarich and Bridge of Orchy.

Ewan
MacCookie
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:8
Fionas:1   

Postby The Gedi » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 pm

That's great, thanks
The Gedi
Scrambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion