walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Kintail Advice

Kintail Advice

Postby FinnBrooks » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:32 am

We're planning a trip next weekend, staying at Glenmoriston. We'd ideally like to tick off at least a couple or three more Munros, but have had a quiet summer, so nothing too lengthy/strenuous or risky if the weather isn't great?
We'll also only have one car. Just looking for ideas/inspiration....
FinnBrooks

Munros:5   

Re: Kintail Advice

Postby Flatlander » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:57 am

How about Spidean Mialach/Gleouriach? The stalkers paths really are quite good, though I'd want to do these on a good day.

I see there is a route guide here:
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/fortwill ... lach.shtml

I did them in winter and one of our party forgot their boots, so only had trainers. She decided to "see how far she could get", which turned out to be both Munros, as it wasn't too icy. She did have an ice-axe though. And slightly chilled feet.

(We did the route the other way around, and came down more directly to the road rather than crossing the Allt a' Mheil)
Flatlander

Postby FinnBrooks » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Thanks. Think we will either do that or possibly A Chralaig and Mullach FC so will decide during the next week.
FinnBrooks

Munros:5   

Postby Paul Webster » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Sgurr nan Conbhairean and its friends is a not-too-difficult day with 3 Munros - and very enjoyable in good weather. Marginally closer to Glen Moriston too.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion