walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Barefooted Hiker

Re: Barefooted Hiker

Postby fowlersworld » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Anyone else seen him recently heard that he was spotted in aviemore recently.
fowlersworld
Munro compleatist

Munros:63   Corbetts:4
Donalds:3
Sub 2000:5   

Re: Barefooted Hiker

Postby tony-c » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:01 pm

hi all,
we seen him in the lairig ghru near corrour bothy on 13/6/12 he was on his way to aviemore and we stood chatting to him for about 15 mins. he was a very nice bloke, well spoken and very interesting. we were doing the cairn toul traverse via the chalamain gap and i asked about a good place to spot reindeer. he told me the exact spot to see them and we parted company and felt good about meeting him. he was a really nice person , and reindeer were exactly where he said they would be.
we bumped into him again in aberfeldy on 15/9/12 we made a point of going over to him and re introducing ourselves again he remembered us and we chatted again for a while he does not have a name you can call him what you want (thats what he said). he was heading to loch tay then on a flexible timescale then he was going to walk to glastonbury for xmas !!!!!!!. he was happy to have his picture taken with me but i dont think i should put it on here out of respect of his privacy and lifestyle. i really hope to meet him again and if anyone of you out there comes across him you should stop and talk to him it will be a good experience.
good luck with the bare footed hiker spotting ha ha ha
tony-c
Mountain Walker

Munros:230   Corbetts:25
Fionas:6   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:129
Wainwrights:214   Islands:8

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion