walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Toilet training

Toilet training

Postby Cairngormwanderer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Mentioned this partly in jest on another thread but, in all seriousness, if anyone is interested in helping out with the toilet maintenance at Corrour Bothy, do get in touch with me.
It's not as gross as it sounds and you won't get sent out on your own without me or one of the guys taking you out and showing you what's involved.
It's a very essential job and, although we are managing, there is only a limited number of guys on the rota.
Cheers.
Cairngormwanderer
Stravaiging

Munros:125   Corbetts:16

Re: Toilet training

Postby Cairngormwanderer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Hmm. That'll be a no then. :?
Cairngormwanderer
Stravaiging

Postby Backpacker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Cairngormwanderer wrote:Hmm. That'll be a no then. :?

I quite fancy getting involved more in maintaining the bothies, I use them often enough, although me being in Gourock doesn't lend itself to being able to help out that often
Backpacker
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:117
Fionas:38   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:57   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Postby The Rodmiester » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Cairngormwanderer wrote:Mentioned this partly in jest on another thread but, in all seriousness, if anyone is interested in helping out with the toilet maintenance at Corrour Bothy, do get in touch with me.
It's not as gross as it sounds and you won't get sent out on your own without me or one of the guys taking you out and showing you what's involved.
It's a very essential job and, although we are managing, there is only a limited number of guys on the rota.
Cheers.

I thought Corrour was maintained by the MBA? I have just noted that you are also a member of the MBA.
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Cairngormwanderer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi Backpacker, no worries. If you want to get involved being in Gourock isn't a problem in itself. With all volunteers it's a case of juggling your own hillwalking with your bothy activities and fitting dates in - can be a hassle if you don't get away often.
Rodmiester, yes the MBA looks after Corrour and yes, I am a member of the MBA, but I don't know if all the people on the toilet rota are members. I've never been too anal about it (see what I did there?): if someone wants to help and can fit in, then they're welcome. When we were renovating the Hutchison we had one volunteer who was a DofE supervisor and didn't even know the work was going on, but he had a couple of hours spare and pitched in. We almost got the BBC guy to lend a hand too, but he claimed he needed both hands for the camera! :lol:
Cairngormwanderer
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion