walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Tents for WHW need advice

Tents for WHW need advice

Postby wilkie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Planning on doing the WHW in the next four months with the wife, just looking for advice on a good tent preferably £100 or under if thats not too unrealistic
wilkie
Munro compleatist

Munros:41   Corbetts:13
Fionas:5   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:2   

Re: Tents for WHW need advice

Postby nzt2011 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:53 am

My advice would be look for a really good tent, shop online and try and find it for the cheapest price possible....then there is a certain "outdoors" website which is pretty popular who will price match + 10%.....I managed to get a semi geodesic tent which RRP's at £270, for £90.....result! :wink:

WHW, anything double skinned...single skin and leaks and you are game's a bogey.
nzt2011
Munro compleatist

Munros:137   Corbetts:7
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:8   
Islands:8

Re: Tents for WHW need advice

Postby Barcode » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Hey Wilkie, I actually recently started a thread in Gear & Equipment for the Best Tent Under £100...I was looking for a 2 berth just to have extra space for my pack and went for the Coleman Cobra 2 in the end, £64. For under £100 the 3 berth version may be a good call, under 3kg in weight, sets up flysheet first and water tight from the sound a lot of reviews...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Cobra-Three-Person-Backpacking/dp/B0047T69SC
Barcode
Mountaineer

Munros:3   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion