walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Drumochter 4

Drumochter 4

Postby Eskimo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Anyone know the layby/ car park number on the a9 that's the finishing point if starting from the Balsporran cottages?
Eskimo

Munros:116   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:13   

Re: Drumochter 4

Postby IamAJMiller » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi there, it's layby 79. Enjoy your day! :-)
IamAJMiller
Munro compleatist

Munros:13   Corbetts:31
Fionas:2   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:18   Hewitts:51
Wainwrights:78   

Postby Eskimo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Cheers buddy!
Eskimo

Postby alfie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:10 pm

IamAJMiller wrote:Hi there, it's layby 79. Enjoy your day! :-)

thanks pal,we had a great day!loved it! :D
alfie
Munro compleatist

Munros:102   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:2   

Postby IamAJMiller » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:50 pm

alfie wrote:
IamAJMiller wrote:Hi there, it's layby 79. Enjoy your day! :-)

thanks pal,we had a great day!loved it! :D

**grumble grumble, everyone got to go out but me! Spent my Easter cleaning up a St Andrews property! :wink:

Glad you had a good time though! :D
IamAJMiller
Munro compleatist

Postby Ben Jones » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Eskimo

I'm going up to do these Drumocher 4 at the weekend with my 13 year old son. Any advice on the conditions up there would be useful. Not a lot of reports from this region recently so not sure about the conditions. Weather reports are fine but have there limitations regarding conditions at ground level. Have done winter walks before but nothing of this length. Have crampons and ice axe so will take any precautions. Any info regarding snow conditions would be appreciated.
Ben Jones
Mountaineer

Munros:76   

Postby Eskimo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Ben Jones wrote:Hi Eskimo

I'm going up to do these Drumocher 4 at the weekend with my 13 year old son. Any advice on the conditions up there would be useful. Not a lot of reports from this region recently so not sure about the conditions. Weather reports are fine but have there limitations regarding conditions at ground level. Have done winter walks before but nothing of this length. Have crampons and ice axe so will take any precautions. Any info regarding snow conditions would be appreciated.

Conditions were excellent on Sunday. Superb visibility, no wind, good covering of snow but a nice crust on it that took your weight in most places.

However the week before we bailed out after Gael Charn due to silly high winds! Winds that made it almost impossible to stand! SCARY :shock:

Weather changes so fast it's pretty hard to say exactly what to expect! Easy enough hills though and if your lucky you will get great views over to the Alder area!
Eskimo

Postby Ben Jones » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Eskimo wrote:
Ben Jones wrote:Hi Eskimo

Conditions were excellent on Sunday. Superb visibility, no wind, good covering of snow but a nice crust on it that took your weight in most places.

However the week before we bailed out after Gael Charn due to silly high winds! Winds that made it almost impossible to stand! SCARY :shock:

Weather changes so fast it's pretty hard to say exactly what to expect! Easy enough hills though and if your lucky you will get great views over to the Alder area!

Thanks Eskimo, That's exactly what I wanted. Have some shorted walks planned just in case and will bail if necessary. Thanks again. I've never posted any reports before but hope to do so after this weekend.
Ben Jones
Mountaineer

Munros:76   

Postby alfie » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:41 pm

heres a couple o pics fae myself and eskimos walk on sunday ben!just tae give ye an idea pal!
DSCF3717.JPG
DSCF3765.JPG
DSCF3720.JPG
hope that helps bud! we had a great day! :D
alfie
Munro compleatist

Munros:102   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:2   

Postby IamAJMiller » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Nice pics!! More jealous now! :D
IamAJMiller
Munro compleatist

Postby Eskimo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Superb that! Hope its like that again on Sunday Alfie
Eskimo

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion