walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Walking around coast of Skye

Walking around coast of Skye

Postby liming » Sat May 12, 2007 6:32 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to do walks around the coast of Skye? Are there any B&Bs near the coast so I can walk from place to place?

If not on Skye, are there alternative parts of the Scottish coast I can do this?

Thanks! :)
liming

Munros:45   Corbetts:2
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:25

Skye coast walk

Postby helenw » Wed May 16, 2007 9:03 am

Hi Liming,

There isn't an official (or otherwise) coast path around Skye. There are plenty of sections of coast that give a great walk, most of which are on this site, but there are no signposts etc. and to walk continuously round the coast you'd need to be backpacking as some sections are very remote.

If this doesn't put you off, I'd recommend the book 'Skye 360' - available under Skye walking books in our bookshop. This is the story of one person's walk right round the coast, and would give you the best idea of what it would be like.

If you are looking for an official coast path - I'm afraid there isn't one in the West Highlands - though there should be :!: The only multi-day coast paths I'm aware of in Scotland are on the Moray Coast, round the coast of Fife and also parts of the Lothian Coast (John Muir way).

Good luck, whatever you decide.
helenw
Site Admin

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:19   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:93

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion