walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Torridon weather

Torridon weather

Postby rblackwell » Tue May 29, 2007 8:05 pm

I just spend 3 fantastic days climbing in Torridon and Applecross - glorious sunshine, brilliant climbing, smoked salmon and wisky in the hut at night - what more could you ask for? Got home to hear on the news that the rest of the South has been in pouring rain, freezing temperatures and a frost is predicted!! Do I feel smug or what :lol:

I might tempt fate and book the next bank holiday for my next Munro bashing session.
rblackwell

Re: Torridon weather

Postby JoanT » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:51 am

Have just spent a week in Torridon and Glen Affric areas - the weather has been superb. Really great autumn colours, stags roaring above the glens and Indian summer sunshine. I've been coming to Scotland in October for a long time now and really think its much better than September - less rain etc. Is this true or have I just been lucky?
JoanT

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion