walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

2015 Plans?

Re: 2015 Plans?

Postby PeteR » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:07 pm

I wish everyone every success at meeting individual targets in 2015, whatever they may be :thumbup:

Having contracted a particularly aggressive virus over the festive period my initial target just now is to reacquaint myself with the get up and go to, well, get up and go :(

Once that's returned then I'll just be happy to keep the Munro, Corbett, Graham and Donald lists ticking over nicely, enjoying the amazing variety of landscapes Scotland has to offer :D

Fine weather for a rearranged visit to Skye would be nice, to get the Cuillin out the way :D :wink:

Meeting up and walking (slow but steadily) with fellow walkhighlanders would also be on my 2015 wish list.
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:122   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby BoyVertiginous » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:18 pm

Having never really made any firm plans other than to try and get out at least once a month, I'm glad to see the back of 2014 so, setting a few goals seems appropriate.

While not a slave to them, shall continue chipping away at the "lists" but, would be nice to see the munros up around the 75-mark by the end of the year. Trips to NW Highlands (inc. An Teallach; Sail Mhor; Canisp & Arkle), Mull (went last year but, not fit to walk) and Skye (for the non-cuillin munros, with a view to catching the others the following year) ought to aid this. Returning to Ardnamurchan for a week in Autumn and look forward to partaking in all that it has to offer once again.

My other (better) half has, having never shown any real desire for hiking, declared a desire to complete the WHW so, training starts tonight and we may aim to do this in 2016, tackling some of the shorter long-distance trails in the meantime.

All the best for a healthy, fruitful 2015 :)
BoyVertiginous
Wanderer

Munros:251   Corbetts:75
Fionas:26   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:49   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:62   Islands:18

Postby orion » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:24 pm

Ambition remains the same as the last few years.Trying to finish the Corbetts . I made the mistake of leaving the mainly "boring ones" until the end and my motivation ain`t what it should be.Having got Carn na Saobhaidhe out of the way in December and hopefully Corryhabbie Hill this coming weekend I should finish sometime in summer :)
Other than that more hills in the North West again.
orion

Postby foggieclimber » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:48 pm

Would like to:
- Reach 1000 Marilyns (36 to go)
- Complete Munro's original 1891 Munro list (5 to go)
- Complete the Furths (9 to go, all in Ireland)
- Visit several Scottish islands
- Enjoy various repeat Munros and Corbetts
foggieclimber

Postby AnnieMacD » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:27 pm

Hope everyone had a great holiday season - I've not been around as much as I haven't climbed a hill in a month. However, I have great plans for when the snow disappears and the days are lovely and loooooong.

- My main goal is to stay injury-free. (At my age this important!)
- To lighten my back-pack. I carry the kitchen sink - just in case. This has to change as it slows me down and uses far too much energy.
- To get my Munro, Corbett and Graham count approx equal. This means slowing down a bit on the Munros and upping the Corbetts and especially the Grahams.
- Clear up the Skye Grahams.
- An Teallach and one more Cuillin (on the ridge)
- A friend of mine has cancer and I have promised I'll take her up Bla Bheinn (a repeat for me) this year when she gets over her chemo treatments.
- Repeat Tom na Gruagaich (Beinn Alligin) and Sgorr Ruadh (Corrie Lair)
- Finish the tops of Beinn Eighe - still have Coinneach Mhor to do, and do it on a GOOD day!
- Make a start on the Fannichs and the south Achnashellach hills
- Beinn Dearg (Torridon)
- Kintail, maybe the Saddle and a couple more on the South Shiel Ridge and I really have my eye on Beinn Fhada west end.
- I could go on and on but that lot probably will take me into 2016!

And I'm sure I'll do the Applecross trio of Beinn Bhan, Sgurr a'Chaorachain and Beinn a'Chlachain multiple times as I did this year.

Happy walking everyone.
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby spiderwebb » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Not to go up anymore Geal Carns :D
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby malky_c » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:28 pm

-More hills.
-More hills I've done before.
-More camping and bothying.
-Some island visits.
-I still have possession of my mate's inflatable canoe, so I'd like to try and use that to reach a couple of island Marilyns that don't have ferries to them. Just easy ones mind - perhaps Scalpay, Carna, Scarp or Seaforth Island after checking some tide tables.
-Take my brother-in-law and nephew bothying.
-Perhaps some walks that go past hills rather than over them.
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Postby Sgurr » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:15 pm

malky_c wrote:-
-I still have possession of my mate's inflatable canoe, so I'd like to try and use that to reach a couple of island Marilyns that don't have ferries to them. Just easy ones mind - perhaps Scalpay, Carna, Scarp or Seaforth Island after checking some tide tables.

Aaargh

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41165

It costs £5 to go to Carna if you do it when Ardnamurchan Charters take the cleaners over for the cottages on Carna. Am doing it this May (I hope)
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby malky_c » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Sgurr wrote:
malky_c wrote:-

Aaargh

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41165

It costs £5 to go to Carna if you do it when Ardnamurchan Charters take the cleaners over for the cottages on Carna. Am doing it this May (I hope)

While I'm not keen to repeat that experience, doing some easier paddling seems like fun. I want to broaden my activities as the bagging will tail off a bit in the next year or two. I was more thinking of a shorter, less risky version of this (with the weather included, of course):
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44548
malky_c

Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Postby Morecambe Monkey » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:29 pm

A bit of a cliche but hoping to just keep on getting out there into the mountains & enjoying the outdoors as much as possible,regardless of 'tick list' targets. Definitely need to hit Snowdonia a bit more & not neglect the Lake Disrict as much as i have over the last 2 years or so.
Morecambe Monkey
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:118
Fionas:43   Donalds:40
Sub 2000:39   Hewitts:143
Wainwrights:214   Islands:28

Postby jac the lassie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:31 am

Hoping to do the whw in 3/4 days beginning of may. Want to tag the ggw on the back of it, though I'll leave that decision till I get to Fort william. :roll:

Hopefully get munro count to about 50. Only started last April and made 22 last year, so I think it's do able. 1 done this year already :D

Keep at the donalds and other hills when the weather doesn't justify heading north, given our weather...... loads o ticks for these hills I'm thinking! :wink: :lol:

Also need to keep trying to get out wi other folks. I fall to easily into the habit of going everywhere myself. :?
Jac :D
jac the lassie
Hill Bagger

Munros:73   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:24   

Postby jac the lassie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:56 pm

jac the lassie wrote:Hoping to do the whw in 3/4 days beginning of may. Want to tag the ggw on the back of it, though I'll leave that decision till I get to Fort william. :roll:

Hopefully get munro count to about 50. Only started last April and made 22 last year, so I think it's do able. 1 done this year already :D

Keep at the donalds and other hills when the weather doesn't justify heading north, given our weather...... loads o ticks for these hills I'm thinking! :wink: :lol:

Also need to keep trying to get out wi other folks. I fall to easily into the habit of going everywhere myself. :?
Jac :D

Well I did better than I thought! Did the whw in 4 days, had to leave the ggw due to my tent dying.

Got my munro tally to 70 with the help of a few long days and I have a week off to get more before 2016, weather permitting.

Got more smaller hills done, my mutts are getting older so I'm quite enjoying bagging these, gives them their Hill fix without knackering them.

Been out with loads of new folk and joined a meet up group. Got lots of company to go walking with when I can get out and fancy company.

Bring on 2016! :D
jac the lassie
Hill Bagger

Munros:73   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:24   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion