walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Lost Dog on Ochil Hills

Lost Dog on Ochil Hills

Postby Eskimo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:21 pm

After being up innerdownie today I poppped into the Tormoukin for a coffee. Couple of other walkers asked if I had seen the Alsaition dog up there. I hadn't but decided to go back up and try find it.

No joy im afraid. Anyone up that area could perhaps keep an eye out? It was last spotted after the dyke leading to the final climb to the summit.

I left a few bits of food where it was sighted along with what the other walkers left. Hopefully keep it going a few days if it finds it.

If anyone is going up for the intention of a wee hunt around let me know and I'll come help again.
Eskimo

Munros:116   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:13   

Re: Lost Dog on Ochil Hills

Postby zedthou » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:19 am

Hi Eskimo, the dog is home with me safe and well. I lost her on Saturday afternoon when she chased something into the fog! I returned yesterday morning at first daylight and eventually found her near the summit of Innerdownie around 11:30 after what must have been a horrendous night up there . Thanks to all concerned :clap: :clap: :clap:
zedthou

Munros:48   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:5   

Postby Eskimo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:51 pm

zedthou wrote:Hi Eskimo, the dog is home with me safe and well. I lost her on Saturday afternoon when she chased something into the fog! I returned yesterday morning at first daylight and eventually found her near the summit of Innerdownie around 11:30 after what must have been a horrendous night up there . Thanks to all concerned :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aww that's superb news! I must have just missed you then as we were probaly heading back down from the first trip about that time. Two runners, I had a bright green jacket on?

Hope she is well and is having a lovely rest today!
Eskimo

Munros:116   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:13   

Postby zedthou » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Yeah, there were footprints in the snow when we got to Innerdowie but never seen anybody all morning to ask if they had spotted her. We had parked at Glenquey reservoir and made our down the glen towards Dollar and up on to Tarmangie hill. It wasn't until we were heading back to Innerdowie that we spotted her. But she's back home with our other GSD that didn't get lost!!! :D
zedthou

Munros:48   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:5   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion