walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

John Muir Way - Helensburgh - Balloch - state of pathways?

John Muir Way - Helensburgh - Balloch - state of pathways?

Postby weebirdie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 pm

Hey all!

Hope you're all well.

Haven't been around for a while, I succumbed to what my local hospital called a 'monumental balls-up of the knee' (medical term, apparently) a few months ago where I tore a hamstring, knackered my Pes Anserine, got bursitis AND managed to give myself a stress fraction across my left tibia. Whoop!

Anyway, got the thumbs up for resuming walking at a decent pace for decent miles (rather than the 'exercise' fast walking on pavements with all the other yummy mummies that caused the 'monumental balls-up') from my oesto consultant; so we're heading off into the rain and general West Coast misery promised on Saturday to start the John Muir.

Just wondered if anyone knows what kind of state the paths are in just now - I know they were in a bit of a state initially and I heard that work was going to start to sort them out - I just have no idea and can find no trace as to whether the work was ever done! Obviously I'm not expecting tarmac but it would be good to know whether I'm going to be up to my knees in mud and will need some extra medicinal whisky in my hipflask to combat me throwing a temper tantrum.....

Thanks!
weebirdie
Mountaineer

Munros:1   
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:9   

Re: John Muir Way - Helensburgh - Balloch - state of pathway

Postby weebirdie » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Wonderful, thank you very much!
weebirdie
Mountaineer

Re: John Muir Way - Helensburgh - Balloch - state of pathway

Postby weebirdie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Wow, that's some improvement isn't it?

Despite the Met Office claiming tomorrow was to be a complete wash-out; it was wonderful weather and this Stage 1 was a delight! Took it fairly easy because I'm not long discharged from physio and still rather conscious of the stress fracture but my old bones did me proud! Really looking forward to doing stage 2 in May.
weebirdie
Mountaineer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion