walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Stob ban mamores

Stob ban mamores

Postby DEADEVEN » Thu May 21, 2015 11:50 am

Can I have a wee bit of advice please on doing the two westerly mamores munros
My question is would it be ok to take my dog (2yr old Lakeland terrier) onto this route he's too big now for the rucksack but loves the hills more than me :lol:
DEADEVEN
Munro compleatist

Munros:226   

Re: Stob ban mamores

Postby Mal Grey » Thu May 21, 2015 11:58 am

Approaching Stob Ban from the east via Coire a Mhusgain (if starting that way round) its basically typical rough Munro ground, some scree, rocks etc, but no technical difficulties. The ascent/descent of Mullach nan Coirean is mostly heather/grass.
The north ridge direct to Stob Ban from Sron Dearg is quite exposed and has some scrambling so is less appropriate.

I'm obviously assuming no snow remaining, not sure what the conditions are at the moment.

What's your dog done before? If he's fit enough, there shouldn't be any other problems.
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby DEADEVEN » Thu May 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks!! I'd be starting from glen Nevis and was just needing to know if there was any scrambling involved at all??
The dog has been doing lots of long walking and has done the likes of meikle bin , tinto etc but has also done mullach clach a Bhlair at the bottom of glen feshie so he's very fit and doesn't even nearly struggle :D
DEADEVEN
Munro compleatist

Postby johnkaysleftleg » Thu May 21, 2015 3:13 pm

My Westie made it up on the route up from Glenn Nevis no problems, A bit rough but no scrambling, the final pull does look a bit intimidating but nothing to be overly concerned about.
johnkaysleftleg
Hill Bagger

Munros:25   Corbetts:11
Fionas:11   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:8

Postby DEADEVEN » Thu May 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Thanks John that's what I wanted to hear
Cheers mate
DEADEVEN
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion