walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Ben Nevis "gravestone"???

Re: Ben Nevis "gravestone"???

Postby jupe1407 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:08 pm

Sunset tripper wrote:
jupe1407 wrote:These two lads are a couple of mates of mine who spent a week in the summit shelter for charity a few years back.

Haha - don't want to reignite that thread! :silent:

I'm surprised anyone remembers it so many years later. It contained some outstanding meltdowns :lol:
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

Munros:269   Corbetts:52
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:6

Postby Booga » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:10 am

jupe1407 wrote:These two lads are a couple of mates of mine who spent a week in the summit shelter for charity a few years back. They found the stone during one of many boredom induced wanders around the summit (the weather was dire most of the week). I think the wording in the article is a combination of them drumming up a bit of interest and some artistic licence on the part of the publication :lol:

I've spoken to journalists a couple of times in the past and the one thing I learned is that they never let accurate quotes or the actual truth get in the way of a good story! :lol:
Booga
Ambler

Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:5   Islands:12

Postby Sgurr » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:31 am

Booga wrote:
jupe1407 wrote:These two lads are a couple of mates of mine who spent a week in the summit shelter for charity a few years back. They found the stone during one of many boredom induced wanders around the summit (the weather was dire most of the week). I think the wording in the article is a combination of them drumming up a bit of interest and some artistic licence on the part of the publication :lol:

I've spoken to journalists a couple of times in the past and the one thing I learned is that they never let accurate quotes or the actual truth get in the way of a good story! :lol:

Indeed. I learned about journalists' disdain for the truth quite young when I had a very beautiful acquaintance who acted as the human baton in a punt race, and was perfectly capable of leaping from punt to punt without falling in (which she did) but one of them threw water all over her, so they could run the story of her falling in with a photo in a wet tee shirt.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion