walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Mayar and Dreish

Mayar and Dreish

Postby peatyd » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi , Was looking to do Mayar and Dreish this Friday and was wondering if there is a stream , burn or river to cross ?Somebody told me that there was a burn to cross when we did Mount Keen it ended up being a raging river haha , walked up and down till eventually waded through it . One unhappy other half that day but soon dried off, maybe a bit different this time of year when tempertures are lower.
peatyd
Mountaineer

Munros:9   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:9   

Re: Mayar and Dreish

Postby StevieC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:12 pm

If you're going the usual route then as far as I remember any rivers/streams needing crossing have bridges. There may be the odd wee stream I'm forgetting about that might require a hop or two over some rocks, but I don't think so, and there's definitely nothing that remotely resembles a raging river...
StevieC
Hill Bagger

Munros:75   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:10   
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Munroman66 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:58 pm

I am driving up from Glasgow in the morning to climb them ... Will let you know tomorrow night or before Friday .... :wink:
Munroman66
Hill Bagger

Munros:215   Corbetts:6
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   Islands:9

Postby KatTai » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:30 am

All the steams and rivers that you need to cross have bridges :)
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:55   
Islands:32

Postby teaandpies » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:33 am

There is a very small stream in the woods on the return part of the walk that has a couple of stepping stones to cross. It won't be a problem.

The biggest worry on the day is getting out of the car park. If your car has a low nose just be carful not to scuff or remove your bumper :lol:
teaandpies
Mountain Walker

Munros:116   Corbetts:22
Fionas:9   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:6

Postby peatyd » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Thanks all , looking fwd to it now knowing the other half won't complain haha , more worried about leaving the car park got a Focus sport which is lower than normal ones , oh well better be careful.
peatyd
Mountaineer

Munros:9   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:9   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion