walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Braeriach - Cairn Toul Traverse

Re: Braeriach - Cairn Toul Traverse

Postby Fife Flyer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:56 pm

I did the traverse last summer and my logic was rather than drive round to the north, start from the south.
I started at Linn of Dee and took my bike as far as I could, and joined the ridge at the back of the bothy & tackled Devils Point first - the only tough part of the day was the descent off Braeriach down the boulder field. Took me 9 hours and was a fantastic day 8)
Enjoy :wink:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:130   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Re: Braeriach - Cairn Toul Traverse

Postby ally63 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Apologies for not responding sooner to the latest replies. The info supplied has been great and although opinion is divided on best way to tackle it (all for very sound reasons) it's given me plenty of food for thought. The maps have been out and studied thoroughly. Ultimately the weather will determine much of what we do and in what order. Everyone in the group will be left in no doubt as to the size of the challenge that the traverse offers. As we could all be arriving in various states of fitness, taking in Braeriach first at least gets us all up onto the top reasonably early on. After that a decision can be made as to how many continue (hopefully all) but also gives the option of returning for anyone that isn't confident of keeping the pace.
Less than three weeks to go and we're buzzing about it....well a few of us are anyway :D I hope you all count your blessings every day that you have these wonderful mountains within relatively easy access. I'm not knocking the Mourne Mountains but we could traverse all of the bigger peaks in a day :lol:
Thanks again for the help :clap:
ally63
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:14   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion