walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Glen Affric For "Samuels Smile"

Glen Affric For "Samuels Smile"

Postby MunroMadMen » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:50 am

I have decided to take part in "Pure Challenge" 10th June 71Km in under 24hrs for the charity "Samuels Smile"

A fantastic charity set up by a young lad to help bring smiles to the faces of young children suffering from rare diseases. Samuel himself suffers from a rare disease however this does not stop him from working tirelessly day after day raising money to help the kids even when going through his own treatments.

Myself and the guys I climb with were asked last year to lead a group of fund raisers to the summit of Ben Nevis, it was then that we met Samuel and were blown away by his attitude to life, truly an inspiration. We have decided to make the Nevis climb an annual fund raiser and will be doing this again in July.

I'm hoping to raise as much money as possible in the Glen Affric challenge for a brilliant charity, please take the time out to have a look at the work this young man does and try not to be inspired.

I have attached a link in the hope that a donation of any size can be given.......

http://www.justgiving.com/george-bisset3

Thanks for taking the time out to read.

Kind Regards

Geo
MunroMadMen
Munro compleatist

Munros:168   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Glen Affric For "Samuels Smile"

Postby Coop » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:40 pm

Well in for doing this.
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Re: Glen Affric For "Samuels Smile"

Postby Tess1231 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:31 pm

I hope you've received the email about the cancellation of this event...it's taken a while for the company to confirm this but the forestry commission and nts have never given permission for it to go ahead. We have a very disappointed group of walkers.
Tess1231

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion