walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Inpin

Inpin

Postby seadog » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:50 pm

I would like do the Inpin in July, the question is this, having done the Curved Ridge on the Buachaille and not too worried about the Abseil what do you think.
seadog
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   

Re: Inpin

Postby IainG » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Depends on who's doing the ropes!!!

I'm not a climber, and it was a surprisingly easy abseil. Probably only around 10m high. I done it as part of a wee group with a guide and it was strightforward. There are a lot harder hills in the Cuillin, which we realised shortly after the Inn Pinn.

IainG
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:11
Fionas:7   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:4   

Postby Papagenos » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:09 am

Go for it.

I would recommend the scramble along the ridge to the summit pinnacle and then abseil down from there. I climbed it as part of a hillwalking club trip and we roped up for the bit along the ridge. All the other groups I watched on the day also seemed to do this. Some groups climbed up and then abseiled down the main face. They missed out on a superb ridge scramble with great views down in to the corrie below - from my point of view it's very exposed.

The most difficult part of the day? The descent down precariously loose scree slopes below the Pinnacle to get to the mid way access point on the ridge. It is extremely steep and loose, so most of us descened on our backsides.
Papagenos
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   Corbetts:11
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:32   

Postby munrojo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:19 pm

myself and my freind ivan have been at the base of the inpin twice the first time we were defeated by the weather :( and the second had a long wait till we finally did it it was an exhilarating experience and recomend it but be very aware of the exposure..
munrojo

Munros:188   Corbetts:4
Fionas:3   Donalds:1

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion