walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

A list of great peaks not on any other list

A list of great peaks not on any other list

Postby Boris_the_Bold » Tue May 30, 2017 12:19 am

A couple of years ago I wrote a WH post singing the praises of Clach Bun Rudhtair (NJ140039) on Ben Avon's north ridge, which is not, as far as I can tell, on any of the classic lists of Scottish hills but is a spectacular rocky pinnacle, with more going for it than many of the hills which do make it it onto the various lists.

Well, I have just found another cracking summit which sad list-baggers like me are likely to miss, namely the incredibly pointy 905m An Sgurr/Creag an Duine (NH297880) on the opposite side of Loch Luchd from Seana Bhraigh, which is not high enough to be a Munro Top and presumably does not have enough of a drop to be a Corbett.

An_Sgurr_from_SB.jpg
An Sgurr from Seana Bhraigh

Seana Bhraig and An Sgurr.jpg
An Sgurr/Creag an Duine out-points Seana Bhraigh

So, the question is, what other hills should we add to this list of great peaks which are not on any other list?

BtB
Boris_the_Bold
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:38
Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:8   Islands:32

Re: A list of great peaks not on any other list

Postby Sunset tripper » Tue May 30, 2017 6:33 am

These lists get a bit ridiculous with tumps, humps, bumps & lumps etc :roll:
Anyone who wishes to, or can be bothered can make a hill list and inevitably people will try to tick them off.
Boris I take it by classic hill lists (and I'm guessing) you mean Munros, Munro Tops, Corbetts & Grahams? though I reckon many folk would not consider the Grahams to be a classic hill list.

Meall Mheadhonach is one great peak that is not on a "classic list" and therefore gets very few visitors :D
P1030544 (640x523).jpg
Sunset tripper

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion