walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Getting back into hillwalking

Re: Getting back into hillwalking

Postby NickyRannoch » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:14 pm

The issues raised here are something I had never even considered and my wife has never mentioned.

So even though there are probably more men than women out walking that's no reason for women not to discuss things and no reason to start a special thread (unless women feel more comfortable speaking openly there).

It has certainly opened my mind and understanding and I will be enquiring as to whether it is any sort of issue or not.

Regarding the OPs there are a hundred things you might do to get in the outdoors that maybe don't seem like such a big step as a full day on a far away hill. First steps might be photography, nature diary, drawing, bird spotting - anything that gives you a purpose to get out the door - which can then be built upon to go further if you feel motivated to do so.
NickyRannoch
Mountain Walker

Munros:224   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:9   
Islands:17

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion