walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Recommended restaurants/ pubs in Portree

Re: Recommended restaurants/ pubs in Portree

Postby ocococo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:37 pm

Seriously, no need to waste your dollars on this tourist trap at Dulse and Brose. Service is horrible - as soon as I sat down, asked about a whiskey flight and was reminded they need the table back by 6:40 PM…you know, Covid and crap. How rude. Burger was horrible, even I can cook better than this. The cow this burger came from would be ashamed for its life. Pretentious service, not sure why - asked if I can take the bottle of wine with me if i don't have time to drive it all since we're being rushed out of the place...scoffed at as if I should know the local liquor laws. Location is not worth anything either…so not sure why these people get the attitude and ability to treat their customers this way. Anyway, we won’t be back. Took some photos of the food…we could not eat more than a few bites.

I am sure the restaurant will reply with some dumb reason..."I hope you come back and try something else on the menu" or whatever. Laughable attempt to customer service which should happen while I am in your restaurant, not after I leave/on Google reviews.
ocococo
Walker

Postby Veryhappybunny » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 pm

If you find yourself there during the day, Cafe Arriba (at the top of Quay Brae) is nice - tasty food, but quite small.
Veryhappybunny
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:158
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:90
Wainwrights:163   Islands:8

Postby jaybee » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:02 am

Many places are closing at the end of this week for the winter. Others are offering restricted hours due to staffing problems etc. Make sure to book to avoid disappointment; Sundays and Mondays being a particular problem.
jaybee
Mountain Walker

Munros:9   Corbetts:4
Fionas:2   Donalds:2

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion