walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Carnoch Bridge

Re: Carnoch Bridge

Postby Sgurr » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:44 pm

From another site.
munros111 wrote:Update From Camusrory Estate: The new bridge will not be delivered to Mallaig now until the end of May and will take 6-8 weeks to install so the bridge is now scheduled to re open in July.
Sgurr
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Grahams:219   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:135
Wainwrights:153   Islands:58

Postby richard248 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Is there any way to tell if it is 'in spate'? Like the current weather, say tomorrow, is that sufficient to make it impassable? Trying to get a handle on whether a rainy day or 3 = re route, or not. Just any way to make a judgement in advance of seeing it!
richard248

Postby mrssanta » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:00 pm

richard248 wrote:Is there any way to tell if it is 'in spate'? Like the current weather, say tomorrow, is that sufficient to make it impassable? Trying to get a handle on whether a rainy day or 3 = re route, or not. Just any way to make a judgement in advance of seeing it!

You might find that it has been a dry spell and you set off in lovely weather and then it starts to rain and rains a lot and by the time you reach the river it is in spate.
it can go up and down that quick.
if there have been several days of rain, I wouldn't risk it myself.
if it's been a really dry spell and the forecast is really good they mayb.
Myself, I'd just hold my impatience and wait for the bridge.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:240   Corbetts:10
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:44
Wainwrights:40   Islands:8

Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to General discussion