walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Throwin' a sicky

Throwin' a sicky

Postby Freewheelin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:32 am

[sigh] ...another weekend and another gale forecast for Sunday.
I only get time to get out to play one Sunday every fortnight - and every one of those Sundays since the the start of the year - bar one (8th Feb - wot, no wind, snow and some sunshine?) has been blowing a howler.

Think I'm gonna have to throw a sicky and get out mid-week to get some decent weather!

I'm starting to get a bit paranoid now - somebody is taking the michael.
:( :cry:
Freewheelin

Munros:184   Corbetts:32
Fionas:7   Donalds:21

Re: Throwin' a sicky

Postby Matthew C » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:56 am

Know the feeling Bro, just hang in there I'm starting to take this personaly as well. Like you the cabin fever is setting in but fingers crossed this weekend the gods may smile on us? (All bar the one who organises the C***p weather) that said the 8th was a good day & yes I do know how far we were from the top the first time
Matthew C
Mountain Walker

Munros:177   Corbetts:13
Fionas:3   Donalds:7

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:57 pm

If you don't like the wind and rain (more like gales and horizontal high-velocity sleet) you could always try pot-holing. Cavers don't have to put up with weather, just eldritch creatures wot time forgot in the eternal darkness of the abyss. Enjoy...
The Descent.jpg
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby walker1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 pm

Weather looking good until Sunday according to the montain weather info service, so you might have to take a sicky. I promise I wont tell...... :wink:
walker1

Munros:110   Corbetts:10
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:28

Postby mountain coward » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Cavers/potholers do have to put up with the weather - in fact, I wish they'd take more notice of the forecast... They're always getting washed out of our Dales pots by flooding when they didn't notice it either was already, or was going to, chuck it down! I suppose the only wind they'll have to put up with though is from each other;-)
mountain coward

Postby Freewheelin » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 am

Matthew C wrote:& yes I do know how far we were from the top the first time

... and I ain't gonna let you forget - EVER! :twisted:

Pot-holing? Caving? :oops: :oops:

The only thing worse than my acrophobia (it's baaaad) is my claustrophobia ...guess 'the sicky' wins the vote!
Freewheelin

Postby Matthew C » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Yep his acrophobia is bad, meet the only hill walker who likes to stay in the cloud untill the very top : :?
Matthew C
Mountain Walker

Munros:177   Corbetts:13
Fionas:3   Donalds:7

Postby MacCookie » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:00 pm

walker1 wrote:Weather looking good until Sunday according to the montain weather info service, so you might have to take a sicky. I promise I wont tell...... :wink:

Weather on Sunday looks ok if you don't mind heading south rather than north! That's what my plans now look like anyway!

Ewan
MacCookie
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:8
Fionas:1   

Postby Freewheelin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:43 am

Freewheelin wrote:[sigh] ...another weekend and another gale forecast for Sunday.
I only get time to get out to play one Sunday every fortnight - and every one of those Sundays since the the start of the year - bar one (8th Feb - wot, no wind, snow and some sunshine?) has been blowing a howler.

Think I'm gonna have to throw a sicky and get out mid-week to get some decent weather!

I'm starting to get a bit paranoid now - somebody is taking the michael.
:( :cry:

[a week of lovely sunshine... looking good... definitely smell Spring in the air today... tum-te-tum... gonna be smashing this weekend, but I better check the forcast anyway...tum-te-dah]
"35mph to 45mph gusting to 65mph"
...Yup, you guessed it - it's my Sunday to get out to play. Maybe it ain't paranoia after all!
Freewheelin

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion