walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Suggestions for hikes next week near Glencoe and in CNP

Suggestions for hikes next week near Glencoe and in CNP

Postby wewoodson » Mon May 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi all:

Some friends and I are going to be in Scotland next week and have two open "hiking" slots on our itinerary. For the first we are targeting a 3-4 hour hike in the vicinity of Glencoe. For the second a 3-4 hour hike in Cairngorms National Park.

As this is our first trip to Scotland, we are hoping to find something great and very representative of the areas. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions someone could offer.

We are in pretty good shape, have good boots, and have all hiked quite a bit, so we aren't afraid of something a bit challenging.

Thanks in advance,

Ed
wewoodson
Munro compleatist

Re: Suggestions for hikes next week near Glencoe and in CNP

Postby MountainHare22 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:21 pm

In Glencoe - for me would be the lost valley or pap of Glencoe.
The cairngorms are a huge area, assuming you mean not too far from Aviemore I guess Meall a Bhuachaille may be a good option.
MountainHare22
Mountaineer

Postby wewoodson » Mon May 21, 2018 9:44 pm

For the Cairngorms, we are starting the day in Speyside (specifically in Aberlour) and heading west to Dalwhinnie, so vaguely in that area of the Cairngorms is optimal.
wewoodson
Munro compleatist

Postby Ben Nachie » Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 am

Meall a'Bhuachaille or a circuit round the Northern Corries (up Cairn Lochan, round & down Fiacaill a'Choire Chais from the ski centre). You can extend over Cairngorm if time and inclination allows.
Ben Nachie
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion