walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Lairig Nan Lunn access

Lairig Nan Lunn access

Postby Msp1987 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Does anyone know if the road between Pubil and Kenknock farm is open for civilian traffic? I missed Beinn Heasgarnich previously so would like to do it quickly from the top of the road on the same day as the Loch Daimh munros. I have heard that the road can sometimes be in a poor condition but its hard to find up to date information on whether it is open to the public.
Msp1987
Rambler

Munros:205   Corbetts:7
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Islands:11

Re: Lairig Nan Lunn access

Postby crfishwick » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Msp1987 wrote:Does anyone know if the road between Pubil and Kenknock farm is open for civilian traffic? I missed Beinn Heasgarnich previously so would like to do it quickly from the top of the road on the same day as the Loch Daimh munros. I have heard that the road can sometimes be in a poor condition but its hard to find up to date information on whether it is open to the public.

It's a few years ago that I was up that way. But to my knowledge the road is still open although there is a gate at the top that may or may not be locked. Usually it is just closed and can be opened. The road maybe in bad condition but is driveable as Scottish Hydro workers use it on a regular basis.

Someone may have more up to date info.
crfishwick

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion