walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Plantar Fasciitis

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Postby Ben Nachie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:44 am

What thatweebirdie said.

My problems were ultimately caused by an overly tight Achilles tendon too.
Ben Nachie
Munro compleatist

Postby nick70 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi Shugghino

I also suffer from this and think i still do (to a lesser degree). Firstly have you seen your doctor about it? If so he should have prescribed an anti-inflammatory. I was firstly on Niproxin and then Miloxicon. I found the latter ones to be slightly better. There are also a number of exercises you can do, which some of the good folk on here have been sharing. Again your doc should be able to advise or alternatively print them off from NHS website.
I believe the condition can last for up to 2 years, but I still have it after that length of time, although nowhere near as bad as when I initially had it.
There is a link to a website on here for a product called 'Heelease'. Don't waste your time getting this, I did and didn't find it helped. I still have it however, if you wish to pm me I can send it on to you. Who knows it may work for you?
After long days walking I still suffer a bit from it, but nowhere near the levels I had initially as I said. The anti-inflammatory with a good painkiller helps me. I think I just need to learn to try and live with it and manage it as best I can.
I hope yours clears up for you and doesn't impact too majorly on your outdoor pursuits.

ATB

Nick
nick70

Postby thatweebirdie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Caberfeidh wrote:
thatweebirdie wrote:I'm another one in the barefoot as often as possible camp. I had a disaster with my leg which I later discovered could have been prevented if my GP had paid more mind to my PF. Mine was basically a symptom of a really tight achilles tendon. Legs are brilliant things, but you need to keep all their components stretched and looked after nicely or things tend to have a domino effect - I carried on walking with 'shin-splints' and ended up popping my hamstring, tearing the cartilage in my knee and after an MRI they discovered I'd been walking on a fractured tibia (which had been put under stress by my tight achilles!), and all the other damage had been caused by a sub-conscious over-compensation from other areas of my leg and back to try and minimise the pain.

I'm havin' an idea....

WallaceandGromitinTheWrongTrousers.jpg
thatweebirdie
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:7   

Postby bella2812 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi

I suffered from this last year and gp referred me to a podiatrist. Her advice was to get a tennis ball and roll it around will the sole of my foot applying pressure, she told me try try to do it until for as long as I could stand the pain then after use a frozen bottle of water to sooth it. It was agony doing it but it worked after only a few weeks and has never came back. She did also show me how to strap it up so I could carry on walking until it improved.
bella2812

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion