walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Theft from canna

Theft from canna

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Anybody out there see anyone with a seven-foot sword? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-44532524
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Re: Theft from canna

Postby Sgurr » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:20 pm

This somehow seems more plausible in some ways than the theft of 6 bobble hats from Canna...the last major crime on the island as far as I know to hit the headlines. Later it turned out (after everyone had castigated the rotten so-and-sos, much the same way as they castigated the non thieves who stole our rucksacks on Tryfan) that they had just been mislaid, or so I was told. But it is far easier to stuff 6 bobble hats up your jumper and run than it is a 7 foot claymore, though a claymore has more of a collectors' market. I would try looking in the kitchen.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Re: Theft from canna

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 am

Sgurr wrote: I would try looking in the kitchen.

I recently looked through an old suitcase and found an Arab dagger I had forgotten about since Gulf War I; I scraped the rust off it and now use it as a cheese knife. Perhaps something similar has happened on Canna - have they checked the cheese platter or utensils drawer? Perhaps they over indulged in the tawny port to wash down the stilton and brie, and forgot about it?

Arab dagger from the Suitcase That Time Forgot#r.jpg
Arab dagger/cheeseknife

Desert shadow#r.jpg
We came in search of Wensleydale...
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion