walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Free Vango Banshee tent at Corrour Bothy

Re: Free Vango Banshee tent at Corrour Bothy

Postby Sunset tripper » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:58 pm

EvilScotsman wrote:I am really sorry that I didn't take the tent with me when I started walking that day and after reading these replies I will never do anything like that again and also may not post on this site again. Cheers and sorry :(

Some of these bothies get in a bit of a mess with folk leaving crap all over the place and people get fed up carrying it all out, understandably.
But your situation was different. I wouldnt worry about it, it's no big deal.
All the best. :D
Sunset tripper

Postby Sgurr » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:52 pm

We all make mistakes Evil Scotsman. You, at least , thought someone could benefit by yours, even if the subsequent replies made it seem less likely. Please don't be put off posting again, and good luck with the next walk. Rolled up in the bothy would be much less likely to trigger MR than pitched outside. (I think).
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby Cairngormwanderer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Line drawn under this one. I was up at Corrour at the weekend to do some work and have taken down the tent and sleeping bag, which were still lying in the corner of the bothy. Bit of a carry, as I was returning to Linn o Dee via Ben MacDui, but I suppose it all counts as exercise. I've pm-ed Evil Scotsman, if he's still here, so he can get his tent back.
Cairngormwanderer
Stravaiging

Munros:125   Corbetts:16

Postby EvilScotsman » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 am

Thanks guys, and especially to Cairngorm Wanderer for all your help. I hope to get back in the next couple weeks to do the Ben Macdui side but obviously this time I will make sure I take all my shite with me at all times, unlike last time :crazy: Definitely a lesson learned
EvilScotsman
Mountaineer

Munros:195   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:13   

Postby Alteknacker » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:03 pm

EvilScotsman wrote:...but obviously this time I will make sure I take all my shite with me at all times, unlike last time :crazy: Definitely a lesson learned

I wouldn't get too exercised by this - as you say: lesson learned. There's much worse goes on. At Shenavall a couple of weeks ago, on the normal route from the bothy to the stream - about 30m - there were toilet tissue and a tampon in one place, and tissue in another, both just a metre or so from the path. At least I can understand why you did what you did. I simply cannot begin to comprehend how someone cannot deal with their waste properly, especially when there's a spade provided at practically every bothy.
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby EvilScotsman » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Alteknacker wrote:
EvilScotsman wrote:...but obviously this time I will make sure I take all my shite with me at all times, unlike last time :crazy: Definitely a lesson learned

I wouldn't get too exercised by this - as you say: lesson learned. There's much worse goes on. At Shenavall a couple of weeks ago, on the normal route from the bothy to the stream - about 30m - there were toilet tissue and a tampon in one place, and tissue in another, both just a metre or so from the path. At least I can understand why you did what you did. I simply cannot begin to comprehend how someone cannot deal with their waste properly, especially when there's a spade provided at practically every bothy.

Aye I hate seeing crap and rubbish left lying around, but the tampons... Just aboot gee me the boak :lol:
EvilScotsman
Mountaineer

Munros:195   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:13   

Postby Ben Nachie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:24 am

Try having to clean a dog after they've rolled in it.

I tell you, if I ever catch anyone taking a dump next to the path I'll set my dogs on them!
Ben Nachie
Munro compleatist

Postby Highlander282 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:02 pm

EvilScotsman wrote:I just want to apologise to everyone that I have upset by my actions the other day. And also for not returning to this forum to check on what people have been saying. I am still fairly new to this and never thought that I should have informed Braemar MRT and thank you Cairngorm Wanderer for doing so. What I never made clear also was that my tent was left rolled up inside the bothy and not pitched outside incase of any confusion on that and I do plan on returning to the area in the near future but things like work, not owning a car and looking after my 3 year old son at weekends mean I'm not sure how soon that will be and by saying there was a free tent I was just meaning anyone that comes along before me can have it if they want. I am really sorry that I didn't take the tent with me when I started walking that day and after reading these replies I will never do anything like that again and also may not post on this site again. Cheers and sorry :(

I think a lot of the replies you got were a bit over the top. Yes you should of reported it just in case they thought you were missing. Apart from that you done the right thing as health and safety comes first ALWAYS!! You said from the start you were struggling and wilderness and struggling is dangerous combo lol. Ignore the perfect people on here who have never made a mistake! Anyway i acknowledged the fact you were trying to be kind as you could of just said nothing . Next time leave a hilleberg soulo as i'm after one :lol:
Highlander282

Munros:228   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion