walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

The good samaritan....thanks!!

The good samaritan....thanks!!

Postby chris182 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Last weekend my hill mate and me tackled the 'Ben Alder 6' after a long hard walkin from Dalwhinnie. The plan being 2 nights camping near to Culra bothy. We seriously underestimated the gas we would need (being used to petrol stove and trangia in a convenient campsite). And so on day 2 (of 3) we knew we would run out and alas trip over. However :) on our walk we came across a backpacker heading the other way and my mate bodly asked if he had any spare gas. To which he delved in his rucksack and brought out am almost full small gas canister. His genorosity no doubt saved our trip and if he reads this...thanks once again....hill folk rock!
chris182
Munro compleatist

Munros:239   Corbetts:2
Donalds:3
Hewitts:58
Wainwrights:26   

Re: The good samaritan....thanks!!

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:21 am

chris182 wrote:Last weekend my hill mate and me tackled the 'Ben Alder 6' after a long hard walkin from Dalwhinnie. The plan being 2 nights camping near to Culra bothy. We seriously underestimated the gas we would need (being used to petrol stove and trangia in a convenient campsite). And so on day 2 (of 3) we knew we would run out and alas trip over. However :) on our walk we came across a backpacker heading the other way and my mate bodly asked if he had any spare gas. To which he delved in his rucksack and brought out am almost full small gas canister. His genorosity no doubt saved our trip and if he reads this...thanks once again....hill folk rock!

There's this amazing invention which you can use for cooking, heat and light. It also saves you carrying a stove and fuel, but you do have to be careful not to let it get out of hand... :D

015aR.jpg
Fire. Useful.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Re: The good samaritan....thanks!!

Postby thatweebirdie » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:43 am

What a fantastic story, thanks for sharing it. Good to know there are grand folk around.
thatweebirdie
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:7   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion